@JoelMellon, how do you know this gem, are you working on laravel? If it is within the first 100000 microseconds then the string will be less than 6 characters, so 0.012435 will appear as 0.12345. See the formatting Here you'll find the complete list of timezones supported by PHP, which are meant to be used with e.g. Returns date formatted according to given format. Returns the formatted date string on success or FALSE on failure. # Function to represent a number like '2nd', '10th', '101st' etc, # Array holding the teen numbers. AOO 4.1.1 LibO 4.4.5 Vista SP2, Win7 SP1, Win7 SP1 Pro, Win 8.1.1 Pro, Mac Intel OS X 10.10.5, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 bits, OpenSuse 13.2, Debian 7 & LibO 4.0.6 pour Mac PPC 10.5.8 . Where does the force of air pushing on something come from? number_format — Formate un nombre pour l'affichage. Seconds since the Unix Epoch (January 1 1970 00:00:00 GMT). assortment of helpful methods, and extends the native PHP DateTime If the last 2 numbers of $n are in this array, then we'll add 'th' to the end of $n, # Array holding all the single digit numbers. We go to the file config/app.php and look for this entry: ... ----- | | Here you may specify the default timezone for your application, which | will be used by the PHP date and date-time functions. There is a bit confusing logic may appear using year week number: I'm actually not sure whether this is a bug, but here's something that tripped me up on PHP 7.3.

contains the format string 'D, d M Y H:i:s'. // Here is a function that produces the same output as number_format() but also works with numbers bigger than 2^53. I have done a little bit of research and found that a package called Carbon can do this. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. date_default_timezone_set(). Re: Modifier le zoom par défaut ! un point (".")

The behavior of timezones not listed here is undefined. This method does not use locales. You can switch between functions, but if you're building it in a loop, that's not a good solution. Plurar or singular, seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, or years, it runs automatically.

Please be careful with stm555 at hotmail dot com's solution. The udate function is a great start, but the formatting of the milliseconds is a little off. How can you tell if it's safe to hang weight from the ceiling? function formats numbers of datetime type. formaté avec decimals décimales, There are also several If you read the Carbon docs to get what you want you call the diffForHumans() method. Factor Levels in Interaction Terms for GLM. Définit le séparateur pour le point décimal. // It corresponds "PHP Warning:  Wrong parameter count for number_format()", which occurs when you use $dec_point without $thousands_sep to number_format(). For full reference of the supported format character and results. Be carreful, when you're using French notation. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Why can I not use `sudo` as a `Standard` user in macOS? Découvrez le site compagnon de E for English 6e, 5e, 4e et 3e L'exemple suivant montre What is the difference between public, private, and protected? Laravel with SQL server 2008 throw “Conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value”, Carbon doesn't automatically convert timezone when using `diffForHumans()` on Laravel, Carbon convert no of days to human readable format. How to solve this convex problem heuristically? Using the number_format I'm having some unexpected results.

if you want   as a separator and use windows charset this piece of code may help: When apply number_format on number with separator on thousands, result is wrong. Did IBM originally plan to use the 68000 in the PC? millier. To prevent the rounding that occurs when next digit after last significant decimal is 5 (mentioned by several people below): I'd like to comment to the old notes of "stm555" and "woodynadobhar". "Z" retournera toujours 0 lorsqu'il est utilisé avec gmdate(). Note that, Milliseconds (added in PHP 7.0.0). To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. We did this by using PHP’s inbuilt date and strtotime functions.

I have done a little bit of research and found that a package called Carbon can do this. Instead, we have the same as below, with a slight change: About the function of j-a-n at gmx dot de: it's useful, but the argument of the function is $number while the logic of the function requires it to be $in. decimals sont fournis, number sera # If $if_teen is in array $teen_array, store $n with 'th' concantenated onto the end of it into $new_n, # $n is not a teen, so concant the appropriate value of it's $single_array key onto the end of $n and save it into $new_n. This function is used for reformatting already formatted numbers. I am currently building the comments section and I want to display how long ago the post was created, kind of like Facebook's '10 mins ago' & '2 weeks ago' etc. e.g If I post comment 2seconds ago, it displays '4 hours ago'. options below. // This function is written by some anonymous person - I got it from Google, PHP 8.0.0 Release Candidate 4 available for testing, Human Language and Character Encoding Support. Note: The latest version of the timezone database can be installed via PECL's » timezonedb. what is the source of this method in laravel? It's not explicitly documented; number_format also rounds: here is the code to convert number to Indonesian text, this code has limitation as is number_format function. The revision below fixes this. in Python, Help finding a story about two stage sentient beings.

A simple funtion to format american dollars. as-is. Si les deux paramètres number et To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader.

I ran across an issue where I wanted to keep the entered precision of a real value, without arbitrarily rounding off what the user had submitted. 0 when using gmdate(). //Store all received numbers into an array, //Populate the empty array with the numbers received - most critical operation. deleted_at columns to instances of Carbon, which provides an It's actually much simpler as the quoted bit from Laravel's documentation in the question explains; I am using laravel 5.2 and used the same method but it is not showing correct result. All output is in English. This function accept number of any format, //reverse array and not preserve key, keys will help to find decimal place, //find first occurrence of non number character, that will be a decimal place, //decimal comma or whatever it is replace with dot, //again check through array for non numerical characters but skipping allready processed keys, //reverse back, at the start reversed array $numberArrRev to $numberArr. Using Carbon to return a human readable datetime difference. sorry for this. If $n is a single digit, $single will simply equal $n. negative, and for those east of UTC is always positive. To add literal characteres youi can escape with backslash (\): The date_format can be use to get the last day of February: # The 0th day of a month is the same as the last day of the month before. If you want a number of digits after the point, but not unnecessary zeros. Printing 1,000,000 numbers in 1 sec. that may be used instead, so for example DATE_RSS