If you want a list of spool files in an output queue I do not recommend the method described here. It's really great game. I need to wash the car. IBM i: A platform for innovators, by innovators. The Ren'Py save editor can scan for variables from the savefile and allow you to change them. If this is you feel free to use the Contact Form to send me the comment and I will post it for you, please include the title of the post so I know which one to post the comment to. The columns I converted to numbers are now all aligned to the left. Copyright © 2015 - 2020 File-Extension.org. All of this playing around with SPOOLED_FILE_DATA is fine and dandy, but it is not really useful until I output it into something like a file or table from which I can share it. Line 1: I just find it so easy to write everything in totally free RPG. In this case, the only you can do is to ask for assistance of a professional staff. I am sure we all have reports in our ERP applications that the users would prefer as a spreadsheet. I need to wash the car. Currently supports *.rvdata2, *.rpgsave, *.dat, *.sav, *.save, *.rsv, *.qsp, *.rvdata, *.rxdata, *.lsd, *.sol files. This blog is about IBM i for PowerSystems, One of the additions to IBM i with release 7.3 TR6 was a Db2 for i (SQL) table function that allows me to retrieve the contents of any spool file in my IBM i. I am sure that there are some people who are thinking "So what, I can do that with DSPSPLF". I was just looking at this capability yesterday, and your post makes it a lot easier then the example from ACS. ----- Results: File data1 and data2 differ at lines 2, 2: I need to run the laundry. The following command I used to generate my spool file: When the command completes a spool file called QPRTSPLQ has been generated in my default output queue. File data1 and data2 differ at lines 4, 4: I need to get the car detailed. The returned data looks just the same as is shown using the DSPSPLF command. When SPOOLED_FILE_DATA is executed it creates a file, QIBM_SFD, in the library QTEMP. Lines 6 – 8: I decided to create the true job name by concatenating the job number, job user, and job name. This IBM i job uses the *USA date format, therefore, I need to add the century (20) to the date so it will be a valid date for this statement. Now I can use SPOOLED_FILE_DATA table function to view the contents of this spool file. There may be other problems that also block our ability to operate the WOLF Document file. If you have one - welcome to use this site. As I have made the default date format *MDY, by using the option statement on line 2, I can just move the data I extract from SPOOLED_DATA straight into a date format column. CB2Util: A program made to utilize different file formats of CodeBreaker PS2. It is because Simon is a user like you and me :). If you want to associate a file with a new program (e.g. Get information about a job, including current SQL... Parsing SQL statements using a table function, The full job name of the job that generated the spool file, Spool file's number. Many files contain only simple text data. Line 11: No trouble converting the character time to a true time. You can learn more about the SPOOLED_FILE_DATA table function command from the IBM website here. Previous version of Ace, but it's supports too. Files are often encoded for security purposes and to keep them from being corrupted during data tranfers. Many files contain only simple text data. I have used the RTRIM function to remove any trailing spaces from the job user. One of the additions to IBM i with release 7.3 TR 6 was a Db2 for i (SQL) table function that allows me to retrieve the contents of any spool file … Extract data, mine reports. Why would I want to copy data from a spool file? This file contains the data copied from the spool file. And the date and time look like date and time values. A very simple way to solve this problem is to find and download the appropriate application. This method allows you to preview the contents of many files, but probably not in such a structure as a program dedicated to support them. Is there one way to open unknown files? It has no variable names, so detect your variables by changing, The old game engine, but some great games are still popular, For most games save files stores here: %AppData%\Local\, Flash Player stores your files here: %AppData%\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects. I created the following in RPG program to do just that. Supports 200 + Formats of documents, images, presentations, archive, audio and video files. I have defined all the character columns as VARCHAR, variable length character. Features: gold, … The inability to open and operate the WOLF file does not necessarily mean that you do not have an appropriate software installed on your computer. And the date and time columns are defined as their data types. This method allows you to preview the contents of many files, but probably not in such a structure as a program dedicated to support them. Advice about programming, operations, communications, and anything else I can think of, Getting "Run SQL scripts" to use the library list, Getting the day of the week in a CL program using SQL, Using SQL to extract packed decimal from a flat file. Copy, delete, parse, change, edit, reformat records: ASCII or EBCDIC text or binary files from Windows, Unix or Mac. If you are sure that all of these reasons do not exist in your case (or have already been eliminated), the WOLF file should operate with your programs without any problem. It's a most simple and powerful tool for a lot jrpg and visual novels. my-file.WOLF) you have two ways to do it. WOLF) with a simple text editor like Windows Notepad will allow us to see some of the data encoded in the file. PS2 Dev and General Utils. Powerful online file converter between multiple file formats. The second and more difficult to do is associate the WOLF file extension to the corresponding software in the Windows Registry. WOLF files can be opened using Cool Reader version 3 for Windows and Linux systems. Thanks to the folks at RZKH who downloaded and applied the PTFs for IBM i 7.4 TR1 on the first day they became available, what great service!, I have been able to explore some of the new features added to the operating system we know and love. If you cannot open the WOLF file on your computer - there may be several reasons. Lines 13 – 29: This statement is the same as my previous example, except for line 22. It's a tool that lets you edit the contents of a save game of your choosing. You are reluctant to change the ERP program as by doing so it will invalidate the support contract. The numbers, date, and time are not those data types, they are character. If you have any of the parameters wrong you will receive a message about the CPYSPLF command having failed. Accidental deletion of the description of the WOLF from the Windows registry, Incomplete installation of an application that supports the WOLF format. First, get file list in a data.frame and get specific files and extract them later. To prevent "comment spam" all comments are moderated.Learn about this website's comments policy here.Some people have reported that they cannot post a comment using certain computers and browsers. Using SQL to retrieve data from spooled files. The behavior of the scrollbar is a little wonky when it's translating. If I ever need to extract the same information from a QPRTSPLQ spool file I can use this program time and again to get a table with the data I desire in it.